Really......come on people.
Since I’m already a little on edge today I thought I would just post this one too. I have had it written for a while now so why not.
This has just been driving me crazy for the last month and I can’t hold it in any longer. So here goes. Rules of the Gym (of course my rules, but ahhhhhhhhhh)
1. If the minimum age for people allowed in the workout area of the gym is 13, then do not bring you 7 year old and let them "just use the machine next to you till someone else comes in." This is the south; we are nice, even to children, so we are not going to make them get off the machine, NO we will wait while our heart rate drops so your kid can play on the machine that we want to use.
2. If you sweat (don't worry we all do) and you finish your workout and your machine is covered in YOUR sweat, wipe it off!!! The gym provides little sanitary wipes for this exact purpose.
3. If the TV is on fine, I like to watch while I workout too. Please just ask those in the room if they are watching that channel. IF THEY ARE DONT CHANGE IT! If they don’t care that the channel is changed, good but please don’t change it to the same thing that is on the TV beside it (or two TV’s down)
4. Just because someone has on headphones does not mean they cannot hear what you are saying. Let's just leave that at that.
5. If there are 5 identical treadmills side by side, why do you want to get on the one beside me. Really!
6. The lanes in the pool are for swimming and walking laps, not for a private area for you and your spouse and your 13 kids to swim. If no one is in the pool, ROCK ON swim in every inch of the pool, but if you see people are waiting to swim and walk but cant because you are playing in the lane move.
I think this needs to be addressed too, these are more for laughs than for serious, but still venting here.
1. SPANDEX- girls I love some spandex too, keeps from setting my thighs on fire, and keeps my knee brace from sliding and digging into my legs, that said, I wear my spandex under my clothes not as my clothes. I know it holds you in and make you feel super skinny, but spandex has a weight limit, 95 lbs. So unless you are a child or a adult ballerina or an IT girl in Hollywood, you exceed that weight limit, cover up.
2. When I am in the locker room changing, I am not going to hide in the stall because I’m fat and change in there. If you want to look, look, I do not care, but take your peek and then get along with your business. Also, ladies, don’t bring your 5-8 year old sons into the ladies locker room.
3. Bikinis should be banned from health clubs, that’s all.
4. And finally, where do they get the mirrors in the locker rooms, CAUSE I LOVE THEM. I want one for every room in my house and I want the walls in my bedroom covered in them. I want one at the office and Wal-Mart and my rearview changed. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and think "dang I look good" then I get home and shower up, and I don’t ever look the same in my mirror at home.
Ok so those are MY rules and I think that every health spa in America should adopt them. Also, I would like to stress to everyone that I do like kids, at restaurants, sporting events and just about everywhere but children don’t belong in health clubs (unless there is child care or supervision.)