Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Saturday! (Is it over yet?)

Well if you are like me your Saturday was packed full of events.  My day today stared off at 5am.   Actually it started about midnight last night.  I went to bed early last night because I had my early boot camp workout this morning.  Well at about midnight my brain decided that I was done sleeping and it was time to wake up.  I fought it as long as I could but finally just got up about 5.  I was going to run to my boot camp workout this morning.  It would have been a good 3.5 mile warm up, but it was really dark out side and lets just face it, I am still scared of the dark.

In hind site it was probably the best decision I ever made.  Today's boot camp was brutal.  I would compare it to having to drive bamboo stakes up your fingernails just for fun.  It started off pretty standard.  Running some sprints with high knees and fast feet.  Then we moved to jumping exercises.  I am not the best with the jumping.  I tends to hurt my knee a little bit.  Well I did this one exercise and as soon as I landed I knew something wasn't right.  I quickly moved to a modified version of the exercise and was fine. 

Then the fun part of the workout, we did freakin quarter mile sprints.  I had a guy that was my pacer and I couldn't keep up with him on my best day.  He literally ran circles around me.  It took me about another quarter of a mile to get my breath back.  This was probably the hardest workout we have done to date.  I don't know if it was the cold weather or the fact that I am still recovering from this little cold but man it was a doozie today.

Then I moved on to workout number 2.  I had to mow my yard.  It was starting to look like my house was abandoned.  If I had left it a day more I think my neighbors would have called the authorities.  Anyway, I had about an hour to mow the yard before Zumba so I was trying to hustle because I really wanted to make it to class.  When I finished with my yard I came in and discovered I was 10 minutes late to class.  As I rushed out the door I saw that class was cancelled.  I was a little upset that it was cancelled but a little bit relieved too.  I was tired and kinda glad I didn't have to go.

Workout #3:  I spent the rest of the afternoon in my sister's woods.  We have been cleaning it up for weeks.  I never knew what a good workout that just plain ol yard work could be.  I was dripping sweat from head to toe.  We stayed out there for a while and about 20 minutes before quitting time I just had to stop.  I kinda walked around for a bit and pretended like I was working but I had nothing left to give.  I finally took off the gloves and sat down...and it felt sooooooo good.

So now after finishing up the rest of the night at the county fair watching the bog (side note: I discovered that I do not like the scared me to death) and decorating a cake I am finally sitting down with ice and the tins unit trying to recover from the day.  I don't think I will be needing anyone to rock me to sleep tonight and I am just hoping for a good nights sleep tonight.  Tomorrow= day off from workout but I do have to work (yuck.)  Sleep tight.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Your amazing, I am still getting up the courage just to start working out again. After a fall of the work out wagon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...