Friday, November 5, 2010

Still Really Sore

I am still incredibly sore from my run on Wednesday morning but I am getting better by the minute.  This morning I went to go run the steps and a little on the road and it hurt but I was able to do it.  It felt a little bit like running with cement blocks on my shoes.  I was running with such pretty (Olympic style) form and just knew this was going to be the fastest time I had run in weeks, sore or not.

So at about the 2 mile mark of the run the watch beeped and my running buddy checked to see what are splits were....I just knew it was going to be a 10 minute mile or better.  And at that moment she broke my heart.  All I hear is, "We are a minute off pace."

What?!?!?!?!  I'm telling you we were just flying, wind blowing through my hair, chariots of fire theme song in the back ground, and we were a minute slower than most days.  A minute is a long time!  I just couldn't believe it.  Any way, I guess we were a little bit slow today but it sure felt fast.

About the last half mile of the run it decided to rain again, so after having a week off because of the rain, this week I have successfully run twice in the rain, but I am better prepared now....I GOT A HAT!  Problem solved!

The rest of my day has been full of more house cleaning getting ready for a party, rearranging furniture, and WORK!  Sometimes that work stuff really can get in the way, but today has been a good productive work day so I cannot complain.  Praise that I have a job where I don't have to be stuck behind a desk for 14 hours a day....I may work a 14 hour day but I at least get to be on the move a little bit.

I have no more workouts planned for today and I am hopefully going to get a 5 miler in tomorrow so for the first time in a long time (maybe a first time ever) I will finish the week off with 30 miles.  That number is just going to get bigger, but since I am fired up about running right now and pretty sure it is not going to ruin my life, I cannot wait.

And next weekend I am officially signed up for my second half-marathon.  Remember back when I finished the first one I was not sure I would ever do that again and now I am going to run my second Half and then just for good Marathon training tack on another 5-7 miles after the race is over.  I couldn't even walk back to my car after the first one was over....what a difference a few months make.

Hope y'all are all having as good of a day week as I am having. 

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Don't feel bad. I had a terrible run last Wednesday morning myself. I'm doing my 20 miler tomorrow since I can't do the half Saturday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...