Friday, January 28, 2011

On the Mend...Again!

Last night I went into complete surgery mode.  I was trying to get everything ready and I had about 4 hours worth of stuff to do and about 2 hours to do it in.  I had to find a new home for the dog until I get back on my feet, workout, go to a ballgame and a few more things.  I went to the ballgame and would not sit anywhere near my family.  I sat close enough to talk to them but they have been passing around a stomach bug that I didn't want to get.  I created a special bubble around me and put on hand sanitizer every 5 seconds, most of them got it but the 4 year old didnt understand the bubble, she could see it and she was gonna come talk to me.

This morning I got up later than normal.  I wanted to go run this morning but I had to leave my house too early to run so I enjoyed my few extra hours.  I actually called the surgery center to make sure it was ok if I ran and they cleared me to run but I couldn't eat or drink anything if I ran or not.

Well this morning went really well.  I got to the surgery center this morning.  I got tickled when I got there because every single nurse and doctor asked if I ran this morning.  I also had a little bump on  my knee which had to be looked at by every person in the surgery center to make sure it was not in the way for surgery.  (They wont do anything if there is a cut or bump on the area)   After that I was a little shaken up but they gave me great medicine that relaxed me right up.  My dad got to come back for just a second and then they took me back.  I was supposed to go back at 11:30 and they were ahead of schedule so I got to get started early with my surgery.  I was a little bit nervous but I think that just comes with the territory. 

I was out of surgery by 11:30 and woke up pretty well.  I was hurting just a little bit but they pumped me full of meds and Diet Sundrop and I was good to go.  My pops took really good care of me, he got me food and drink and even some candy when he went in to get my medicine.  My dad took me this morning...I had to leave mom at home because she has been sick with a stomach bug that has been going around...but she was really nice about it.  I didn't want to hurt her feelings but I also didn't want a stomach virus.

The surgery turned out to be only the scope.  I was really excited about that.  It was the first question I asked when I came to.  I just needed to make sure they didn't cut me open.  They were able to get most of the arthritis and scar tissue out, the doc said there were a few spots that were still arthritic but he thought it was better.  His biggest concern was the knock knees and next we get a brace to try to correct that problem.  He said basically my knee sucks.  I still don't think I will be doing the knock knee surgery unless the pain is awful all the time.  He also said I should give up running and try another exercise.  That kinda hurt my feelings because I have tried and tried to find the workout that I just love and I found it and now it might be hurting me.  I guess we will just have to see what happens.

Yellow leg, no big brace, and I can walk.  I think good spirits is an understatement.

I am amazed that I am feeling as well as I am right now.  It mostly only hurts when I have to walk on it.  I am using crutches but they want me to keep putting more and more weight on it.  Hopefully I will be off crutches on Sunday.  That is great to say...3 days on crutches.

Now I am home, I was able to sleep off the rest of my funny juice and now I'm rocking out on the couch eating some candy.  Thank you guys for all of the well wishes!  I hear tomorrow is the worst day after a scope...Ill let you know.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I have given you a Stylish Blogger award! Have a look at my latest post to get it!
Keep up the good work!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...