Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Day that Was So Good It Makes Me Want to Cry

I would say lets start with the good stuff but most of my day was pretty good so I will just let you know how it all went.

I overslept this morning and thought the day was off to a bad start.  But things quickly turned around.  I got up and dressed so fast I thought my head was going to explode.  I was going to be meeting someone today and my biggest fear was that I would miss them because I overslept.  I actually slept through my alarm, it went off for over an hour before it finally woke me up.  After last nights workout it is so explainable of why I was exhausted.

We did the High Interval Training last night and it was more difficult that I could have ever expected.  There was a lot of sweat, heart rates that threatened stroke, and the threat of tears (none were shed.)  On the way home I noticed that my hand was shaking on the steering wheel.  By the time I got home I had an email from my workout buddy saying that she was still shaking.

Anyway, I woke up so very sore.  It feels like golf balls under my should blades and my inner thighs are screaming.  I missed my morning workout because of the oversleeping but was determined to make it up. 

I had a lunch date with my client that I was supposed to meet.  We had a delicious Mexican fiesta and I didn't overeat.  I enjoyed what I ordered, had some chips and salsa, but was not overstuffed like I usually am when I leave.  That really jump started my day...one decision can really affect so many things.

I finally got to the gym.  I had the swim with my swimming partner, and then I stayed in the pool for a little solo swim time.  I was really focusing on my arms today hoping to workout some of the soreness.  I failed by the way!  Then it was off to a group fitness class.  I was really nervous about going to class because the last time I tried to do it I had to leave the class because it hurt my knee.  Well today I did not have to leave, I was able to participate the entire hour!!!!!!!!!!  I followed the doctors orders and didn't jump or do any impact moves but I was absolutely sweating my brains and it did hurt.  I was so relieved!  I was so pumped when I left the gym.

I had to run to the store and had about 5000 things to do before I could go to bed.   I ran by Wal-Mart, then home to do laundry, pack food, lay out clothes for tomorrow, and cook dinner.  I was starving, but since I had a higher calorie lunch than I had planned on I wanted to go a little bit light.  I unpacked my car and got everything inside and started getting into my routine for the night.  I thought it was winding down time.  Once I started eating dinner I realized that I had not seen my phone in about an hour.  Food down the hatch and off to search for my phone.  When I found it I had a calendar reminder that my nieces volleyball game started 5 minutes ago!  (Wouldn't it be nice if a phone would give you a reminder of upcoming events....oh right it does)  So I was running around like crazy getting ready to go to the ballgame. 

I made it to the game and they were running late.  Yeah!  When I got there, 2 hours after leaving the gym I was still pumped up.  I finally got home about 9:30 and started my nightly routine again.  Luckily my VCR was recording Biggest Loser so I didn't miss it.  (No I don't have a DVR)  I'm finally watching it...Ill try to get you an update later.  I have to get to bed tonight because I am hoping not to sleep through my alarm again in the morning and actually go workout.

After I plugged in my body bugg tonight I had a calorie intake of 1777 and a burn of 3919!  Man that is a GREAT DAY!!!!!!!

I hope tomorrow goes as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...