Monday, July 16, 2012

I Should Have Called In Sick

Today, oh today, I should have called in sick to my doctors appointment.  I know that sounds nuts because if you are going to the doc you are usually sick.  Well I'm not sick I'm just trying to figure out this pain in the "Area."  But on my way to the doctor, the two hour drive, I realized that I was sick! 

More than likely a stomach bug, I have not felt well since Friday (gastrointestinal issues) but this morning it was far worse than it has been all weekend. 

This morning I woke up at the crack of freaking dawn....yep, before 5 am because I had to be in Nashvegas at 7:30am.  When I made the appointment I hadn't taken the day off so I thought I was going right back to work.  But then I took the whole day off and I still had to leave at 5:30am.

At 5am there is no love for Lucy!

I didn't feel well when I woke up but I wasn't thinking I was that sick, that is until I got well into my drive.  It was so bad that I actually had to stop on time and find a place to puke!   I was hot and cold, clammy, it was just terrible.  I think some of the plethora of vitamins I am taking are messing up my stomach or something.  Who knows?  It just one more thing to add to the list.

So I walk into the docs office already feeling like crap and it has nothing to do with the Area.  All I wanted  to do was lay down.  I wanted to close my eyes to make the need to barf go away.  My actual appointment wasn't too long but then we needed to do a scan.  This is why I took the whole day off....lets do it right now!  And they did....I walked up to the imaging center, having to stop and sit down every few steps and put my head between my legs, so I could sit in a waiting room.  As long as I wasn't moving I was ok, but every time I stood up I was sick.

She and I spent a lot of quality time together today, we looked the same but she did a lot more moaning and groaning than me.

I waited for a while and was called back down the doc office.  We were waiting on insurance to approve the test and that could take up to 4 hours.  I don't have the time to keep taking off for appointments so I went to the car and waited for the insurance approval.  I tried to eat something but the idea of food make me nauseous, so I opted for a Diet Sprite instead.  If you know me I would rather drink mud that Sprite.  I closed my eyes for a bit and sat as still as I could, but I was ready in case.

I wasn't sure how I was going to puke and drive at the same time but I was ready.

After a few hours I really was beginning to feel better.  I still wasn't brave enough to eat, even though I packed my food for the day.  I just opted out of food in case it was a bug....I had too far to drive home. 

At 1:30ish they finally decided that I could have the CAT scan.   Woo hoo!  I was almost done.  I had now spent my entire day off in a waiting room.  I got  to the holy grail....

behind this door was everything I needed and once I made it back there I was golden.  I waited again for just a little while this time and was allowed access into the room.  I have never had a CT scan before so I was a little creeped out but as long as this has gone on nothing is too scary, I just want to know whats going on. 

If you have to have this done, I hope you don't hear the words, "with contrast."  That means they are going to inject something in you that makes you feel like you wet your pants and ate pennies.  It was terrible but it doesn't take that long at all.  I have had like 45 MRIs in my life and they take for-ever!!  This only took about 6 minutes total.  They made me sit in the waiting room for another few minutes just to make sure I wasn't going to have any adverse reactions, then I was finally FREE!!!!!!  I could go home and lay my head down.  Close my eyes!!!!  To let you know how bad I felt I cancelled my plans with the babies so I didn't make them sick...I never turn down baby time!

And that is exactly what I did.  I walked into my house, removed the clothes, and went sound asleep.  I didn't care about the gym, lunch, dinner, nothing.  Just sleep.  After about an hour a storm woke me up which was actually pretty good.  I didn't want a crazy long nap for fear that I wouldn't be able to sleep tonight. 

I went back to town and ran the errands that I needed to do, and then came back home and cooked some food for the rest of the week.  I actually did eat some dinner and I think I might survive this after all.  How crazy is it that the day I go to the doc I actually was sick?

Today I ate an estimated 450 calories, burned none, cooked lots of food and snacks, and prayed that this bug is gone by tomorrow.  I need a workout tomorrow.  I took the majority of the weekend off so I cant be taking to many more days. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...