Thursday, August 8, 2013

Weekend is Coming

When I posted on Monday (you know the post that was lost in cyberspace) I informed you all about how busy my week was. Well I never covered that again and it has all come to a head in the last few days.

Yesterday I worked out hard core in the morning. It was Pump with a Crossfit chaser. I did the same one as before...

Only this time I did it 3 minutes faster. I was really pleased with bettering my time. I would get fatigued and slow down and then remember I had a time to beat. I did this over and over, and the last 400m my butt was dragging.

I finished up my workout and headed off to work. I have had a busy week there too. I know I say it all the time but I like being busy because it makes the day go faster.

While at work I had just the last bad hair day I was going to have this week. I had to do something about the rootball frayed fro on my head so I made and impromptu hair appointment. I went to the mall and got my hair done....and I stayed there for hours while I waited between colors and the cut. I was getting aggravated about an hour and a half in, then I just decided that it was not worth getting angry so I just sat there and let her finish. Its not my best cut and color, not my worst, but it fixed the dead ends and covered some of the roots.

It took so long getting the hair done that I missed my choir practice. Again, I was trying not to get angry so I had to go to a very zen place. I went to my sisters to show off my hair and then I was ready for bed.

Today I was back to the gym early. I met my girls to go run and today we actually got to go run!!! We really haven't gotten to run since last Tuesday. It felt really good for the first 3.5 miles and then the last mile and a half were up hill. I swear we climbed Everest twice before the run was over. I was dying!!!! I was glad we were able to get the full 5 miles in and it was just a few minutes over an hour. It was not the best time but its getting better than it was.

After workout I had another test run on my hip pain. We are going to get to the bottom of this eventually. Ha! I hope! Then off to work for another busy day. I knew tonight I would never get in another workout. I had to get home and get to packing for a weekend trip. I get to go to visit my college roommate for a bridal shower. This is the wedding that I am going to be in in just a few months so I am super excited to see her and ready to go. Its a bit of a drive but I cant wait.

Once I got home I had to visit the sisters again to help pick out what I was going to wear to this shower. I don't have this problem much but I went to the store and found 3 dresses. I never find 3! I couldn't decide between them and did something that would have made my mom so proud. I bought all three dresses to take home and decide before ultimately deciding to keep all three. She was a smart woman!

Now after packing a clothes bag, a food bag, clipping my nails and painting my toes I think I am finally ready for the day ahead. I managed to get in 2 days of posting and a whole day of packing done all before midnight! Yipee...

And since I have to drive into the wee hours of the night I am going to get new tags for my car in the morning I will not be getting to the gym in the morning. I will have to make up for that but Im sure I can find something to do around the house...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Spoonful of Me said...

Where did you get your ropes from?

Emily said...

I got it at Dicks Sporting Goods and you can get them online too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...