Friday, January 3, 2014

New Year: Not Exactly What I Had Planned

I got off to a good start yesterday.  Up with the sun and off to the gym.  I was pretty sore from the workout earlier in the week but still able to move after a week off at the gym.  I was sure I was going to be so sore that I wouldn't be able to walk.  I got up early and ran out to the car (cause its freezing) and in my haste I managed to pull my groin getting in the car.  Yep, I actually pulled a muscle on the way to the gym.  Who does that??!!!?  I sat in my car for a minute in some actual pain and tried to determine if I was really hurt of if it was just that moment when you pull something that goes away after a few minutes.  Luckily, after about 5 minutes I made the decision that I was fine and that I would be ok to go on to my workout. 

The drive was rather painful and I thought I was just going to have to re-asses the injury once I got to the gym.  If I looked at the leg and it was bruised I would know I was actually hurt but luckily when I got to the gym there was no bruising so I knew it was just a pull.  I started warming up for my workout and once I got warm I was ok.  We had an absolute doozie.  It looked so easy on the board but once we got going it was much harder than I expected. 

The rest of my day went pretty normal.  It was work as usual and then home.  I got to go home early to make a deliver to our Tennessee office so I was home before the sun came down.  I got my errands done and was home before 7pm.  I was feeling pretty special. 
I didn't sleep all that well last night and slept right through my alarm this morning.  It happens every now and then and I'm am so sore from the Deadlifts in yesterdays workout that it might have been for the best.  (You will catch on that I am trying to find the bright side in this post, it gets worse)
So I missed my workout and headed to work.  I had to drive in traffic which is a big bonus to going to the gym as early as I do, that and the fact that I get to miss most of the "new year" traffic.  Work started off like normal today and then at lunch time I was informed that I was losing my job.  (I told you it got worse)  I was called in and let go right around lunch time.
I got to go home today before the sun went down today too!  So things changed really quickly today.  I was upset but I also know that I cannot change the situation so I'm trying really hard to make the best of it.   
I am going to start the job hunt again, not something I planned on this year but I am going to lose weight, run some races, and now....find a new job.  uh!
One thing that is really disappointing (in the FatGirl part of my brain) is that this is going to make it hard to go to CrossFit.  I don't know that I will be able to keep drive down every morning and if I want to keep 2 gym memberships.  I'm just glad I didn't sign a years membership with my new gym.  Nothing is final, I still have lots of things to figure out......

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...